Financial Support – Switzerland

Since 2014, Switzerland is not part of the Erasmus+ Programme anymore. However, VSE students still do not pay tuition fees at Swiss partner universities for an Exchange programme mediated by VSE. Furthermore, Swiss government provides a scholarship for incoming exchange students within the frame of the Swiss-European Mobility Programme (SEMP). Students need to apply for this scholarship individually based on information from their host university.


 Information about the Swiss-European Mobility Programme Scholarship
  • Scholarship amount: 440 CHF/month
  • Scholarship is awarded for 5 months regardless of the actual length of stay/duration of the mobility


 Possible supplementary scholarship from the scholarship fund of VSE

VSE decided to award a supplementary scholarship from the scholarship fund of VSE to outgoing students so that the total scholarship amount (the SEMP Scholarship + scholarship from VSE) calculated with regard to the exact number of days is the same as the amount that the student would receive, if Switzerland was still in the Erasmus+ Programme.*

The supplementary scholarship from VSE is, thus, the difference between the total amount of the SEMP scholarship and the amount that the student would receive, if Switzerland was in the Erasmus+ Programme. The supplementary scholarship is transferred in CZK to the bank account that the student stated in InSIS.

*When Switzerland was in the Erasmus+ Programme, it was in the Group 1. The scholarship amount for Group 1 is 519 EUR/month.

 Special Grants

Students from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds or students with special needs might apply for a special grant that enables to gain funding for extra expenses relating to their specific health-related or socio-economic situation.


 Other funding options
  • Students might gain an additional scholarship directly from their VSE faculty, depending on the study abroad destination. (Up-to-date information is to be found on the website of the specific faculty and/or at the Vice-deans for academic affairs and international relations.)
  • Sometimes, it is possible to get funding directly from the host university, from the embassy of the host country in the Czech Republic or on the respective portal “Study in…”.
  • Additional funding might be also gained from some organization/institution/fund/foundation supporting study abroad (some tips can be found here).