Building up the international relations is one of the main priorities of the Prague University of Economics and Business (VSE). VSE cooperates with more than 250 universities from all over the world (Europe, North and South America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand).
The International Office is part of the Rectorate at VSE and it provides an organizational and administrative support and information to all students as well as academic and non-academic staff.
Building up the international relations of individual faculties is in the competence of Vice-deans for international relations.
Main activities of the International Office:
- sending and receiving students within the frame of the Exchange Programme at VSE, i.e. organization of an exchange of students with partner universities based on bilateral agreements
- organization of other selection procedures for bachelor and master students:
- intergovernmental scholarships (scholarships based on international agreements) granted to VSE as a quota
- scholarships granted to VSE within the frame of the CEEPUS network
- administrative support of master programmes that have a study abroad as part of their study plans (particularly the organization of study abroad)
- providing information about other study abroad options, mediation of offers sent by foreign institutions and organizations
- support of study abroad of PhD students (taking applications for financial support from VSE for long-term research/study abroad programmes, mediation of scholarship offers of other institutions and organizations, etc.)
- support of mobilities of academic and non-academic staff (administration of the respective bilateral agreements within the Erasmus+ Programme, record of mobilities with the financial support of the Erasmus+ Programme, teacher mobilities within the frame of the CEEPUS Programme, providing information about other options of university staff mobilities, etc.)
- organization of short-term Study Tours for foreign groups (paid service)
The Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) provides the general quality framework for European and international cooperation activities a higher education institution may carry out within Erasmus+. The award of an ECHE is a pre-requisite for all higher education institutions located in a programme country and willing to participate in Erasmus+. The condition for the award of an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education is the approval of the Erasmus Policy Statement (EPS).
VSE is entitled to all types of activities of the Erasmus+ Programmes in years 2014-2020 (apart from the mobilities in the programme countries, VSE gained grants also for financial support of selected mobilities between the programme and partner countries).
In 2017 on the occasion of the 30th anniversary of the Erasmus+ Programme, the Centre for International Cooperation in Education (DZS) created the website www.mujerasmus.cz, where you can find stories of people who have already been abroad within the frame of the Erasmus+ Programme, or where you can share your own story.