Erasmus+ Long-Term Internships
- Only full-time PhD students can realize a practical research internship within the frame of the Erasmus+ Programme.
- The student must be a full-time student at VSE for the whole duration of his/her mobility, for which he/she demands the financial support of VSE.
- The practical research internship must be realized at a foreign institution in a programme country of the Erasmus+ Programme, United Kingdom or Switzerland. (In other cases, it is an individual mobility).
- The minimum length of an internship is 2 months; the maximum period for which VSE might provide the financial support is 6 months (in case of paid internship for 2 months).
PhD students of a distance/combined/external form of study must apply for a financial support for their mobility abroad some other way (e.g. at their faculty/department) or they can use other scholarship programmes outside VSE, where the form of study is not decisive.
Selection of institution
- Firstly, every student should check with his/her faculty/department, if there are any rules concerning the period for mobilities of students – e.g. if students can go abroad only in a certain year of study, if there are some restrictions about the start/termination of the mobility, etc.
- Each student must find, address and set the conditions for his/her mobility with a foreign institution individually.
- If you need help, the tutor or the head of the department can help you to find or to mediate a contact with a foreign institution. Both must agree with the planned mobility of the PhD student.
- It is also necessary to inform the respective Vice-dean for research / doctoral studies and the Vice-dean for international relations of the respective faculty about the planned mobility.
- Immediately after the approval of all above mentioned persons, it is necessary to inform the International Office (ozs [at] vse.cz) about the practical research internship and to submit an Acceptance Letter / Confirmation of Enrolment to the foreign university, containing the exact dates of the planned mobility. The Acceptance Letter has to be submitted 1 month before the start of the mobility at the latest.
- Scholarship for a practical research internship at a foreign university is provided from more sources: the budget of the European Union, the state budget (MEYS), the Scholarship fund of VSE.
- Scholarship serves as a financial support for increased expenses related to the realization of the mobility. Scholarship is not claimable.
- Host countries are divided into two groups by cost of living. To each group, the corresponding amount of scholarship is assigned. An overview of the scholarship amounts assigned by the Czech National Agency:
|1||Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, Belgium, France, Italy, Cyprus, Malta, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal, Austria, Greece, Spain, Switzerland||750 €|
|2||Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia, Turkey||630 €|
- In case of unpaid internship, in addition to the basic rate (except for Slovakia), PhD students will receive the amount of 10.000 CZK / month of stay*, for the maximum length of 6 months. Students will receive a letter of decision about the award of the scholarship, containing the exact amount.
- Scholarship is paid at the beginning of the mobility. If the mobility takes more than 4 months, the scholarship is paid in two instalments. The payment of the second instalment is related to the submission of the progressive report.
*not applicable to repeated mobilities
Obligations before the mobility
After information about study abroad is entered in InSIS, an electronic checklist is created, which is used as an evidence of the administrative requirements (Student’s Portal -> My College -> My College abroad).