Practical Information


Citizens of the countries of the EU/EEA going on a mobility within the frame of the Erasmus+ Programme do not have to apply for a student visa for their stay in the country.

If a student is a citizen of a country that is not in the EU/EEA, or if a student realizes his mobility in a country outside the EU/EEA which requires a visa, he/she might be obliged to apply for a visa. More information can be found at the respective embassies.



It is the responsibility of every student to ensure corresponding insurance valid for the mobility destination.

The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) ensures his/her holder an access to medically necessary, state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in any of the EU/EEA countries, under the same conditions and at the same cost as people insured in that country.

It is also recommended to get an additional travel insurance, containing e.g. medical insurance, liability insurance, baggage insurance, transportation of the patient to his/her home country if necessary, etc. You can find detailed information on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, the Health Insurance Bureau and the respective health insurance.

It is also advisable to check, if the host institution has some specific requirements concerning insurance.



Host universities/institutions are not always able to offer an affordable accommodation at dormitories or student residences for incoming students. However, they often provide contacts to other accommodation providers/agencies. VSE cannot help outgoing students to find an accommodation abroad. On the other hand, outgoing students can contact students who have already studied at the respective partner university and ask them for advice (see past reports of students about their study abroad).