Transcript of Records
= a transcript of student’s study results. A host university is obliged to issue a Transcript of Records to its students after the end of their mobility. A Transcript of Records together with a Learning Agreement serve as a basis for a transfer of credits gained at a partner university abroad into a study plan at VSE.
- A Transcript of Records contains an overview of studied courses, their assigned credits and grades achieved by the student. It usually includes a brief description and interpretation of the host university’s grading system, eventually explanation of its relation to the ECTS system.
- An issue of a Transcript of Records usually takes 1-3 months after the termination of the mobility.
- If a Transcript of Records is sent to the International Office, student receives a notification via Checklist and he/she can pick up the document from his/her coordinator. If an original of a Transcript of Records is sent to student’s home, the student has to hand in a copy of the document to his/her coordinator at the International Office.
- In case that the issue of an original Transcript of Records takes too long, upon agreement with the respective Vice-dean, it is usually possible to use some other form of transcript of study results as a basis for a transfer of credits into a study plan at VSE (e.g. a scanned copy of the original document, or a transcript from an electronic study database stamped by the International Office at VSE).
- Some partner universities issue electronic documents only: they are usually in PDF format and they are sent to an email or can be downloaded from an internal system of the partner university (for transfer of credits, such documents need to be stamped by the International Office at VSE).