Cancellation of an Exchange
Before the departure
- If you were selected to study abroad but you cannot or you do not want to go on exchange anymore, please, contact the International Office as soon as possible! If you do so, the International Office can offer your spot to some of the substitutes.
- If you consider cancelling your study abroad but you need more time, please, contact the International Office as well. It is very important that you and your coordinator set the deadline for the announcement of your decision.
- The International Office as well as students need to comply with the nomination and application deadlines of partner universities. If you cancel your exchange on time with regard to these deadlines, the International Office can offer your spot to some of the substitutes, thus the spot will not be wasted.
- If you cancel your exchange properly before the departure, or more precisely before the payment of the scholarship, you will not be penalized and you can participate in the future selection procedures for the exchange programme mediated by VSE or choose some other form of study abroad.
How to cancel an exchange:
- Send an email to your coordinator at the International Office in which you announce that you cancel your exchange. (The cancellation of the exchange is announced to the respective partner university by the International Office, not the student.)
- The International Office cancels your exchange and informs the Vice-dean of your faculty.
- The exchange is properly cancelled.
- The International Office sends to all selected students a Google form in which students confirm that they want to go on exchange (the form is sent after the selection procedure, and to students selected for the summer semester, it is sent again at the end of summer). The negative answer in the Google form is considered as a proper cancellation of the exchange as well.
If a student does not cancel the exchange the proper way as described above, he/she might be penalized in the future selection procedures organized by the International Office by penalty points.
During the Exchange
If, for some reason (personal, study), you are forced to cancel your study abroad during the exchange, please, contact your coordinator at the International Office. In case you have not passed any exam yet and thus have no ECTS credits, you will most probably have to refund the entire amount of the scholarship. If you have received some ECTS credits, the amount of scholarship that you will need to refund will be proportionally lowered.