Learning Agreement (LA) – Overseas, Switzerland

Study Agreement – a tripartite agreement between a student, VSE and a partner university – approval of courses that will be studied by the student at a partner university abroad. Learning Agreement has to be approved before the departurechanges to courses can be usually made after the arrival at a partner university. Learning Agreement must include subjects worth at least 20 ECTS (faculties might set a higher minimum number of ECTS for their students – please see the faculty’s website or intranet), preferably 20-30 ECTS.

  • Students going on Exchange to Switzerland or overseas fill in the Learning Agreement in InSIS (see manual below). Some partner universities might require their own specific form.
  • The responsible person who approves Learning Agreements at VSE is the Vice-dean for academic affairs and/or the Vice-dean for international relations of the respective faculty, eventually the Program Director in case of some programmes taught in English.
  • The Learning Agreement approved by VSE must be downloaded from InSIS by the student and sent for signature to the partner university abroad. Afterwards, the fully approved Learning Agreement must be uploaded into Checklist in InSIS before the departure to the partner university.
  • Both parts of the study programme, i.e. tables A (Study program at the Receiving institution) and B (Recognition at the Sending institution), must be filled in and the number of credits in both tables must correspond.
  • More than a half of the courses must be taught in the same language in which the student applied for the study abroad programme.
  • All courses must be transferable into the student’s study plan at VSE.
  • If the host university does not use the ECTS system, it is necessary to convert the number of credits to ECTS (please find the recommended credit conversion guide below). Please always round the number of ECTS to integers.