Information for Applicants
The summer/autumn courses take place in July-September, the winter courses are organized in January-February.
You will not have to pay any course fee, at the same time the period of your participation in the course will be included in the period of time for which you receive your Erasmus grant.
How to apply
Applications for EILC courses have to be submitted to the organizers through the home institution International Office in May (for the summer/autumn courses) or in October (for the winter courses).
- Check the The National Agency for European Educational Programmes (NAEP). and choose the course/courses you would like to apply for. The offer of courses for the upcoming academic year is usually available at the end of April/in early May.
- Fill in the EILC application form (available for download at the website) and send it per e-mail to your Erasmus coordinator. This should be done usually by end of May (in case you are applying for a summer/autumn course) or by mid October (applications for winter courses).
- Your Erasmus coordinator will forward your application to the organizer(s) of the course(s) you have decided to apply for. This must by done by the end of May (summer/autumn courses) or by the end of October (winter courses) – for exact dates see updated calendar.
- Within approximately 3-4 weeks after the application deadline you will be notified by the organizer(s) if you are invited for participation in a course and you will be asked to confirm your participation.
- In case you are not offered a place in a course, you will be put on a waiting list and contacted by the respective organizer as soon as a place in a course is free.
Some final notes
As mentioned, you are only allowed to apply for a course organized in the country/region where you would be spending your Erasmus mobility period, however, the course does not have to be organized by the same institution where you will be spending your Erasmus study/working period.
As also mentioned, the EILC has to precede the Erasmus study/working period, however, there might be a slight overlap, provided that you will be able to fulfil all duties related to both the course and your Erasmus studies/job placement.
If you are going to do your Erasmus mobility abroad in the spring/summer semester, you are allowed to apply for a summer/autumn EILC, although there would be a several month break between the end of the language course and the beginning of your studies/job placement abroad.
The chance of being accepted to an EILC will depend on the number of applications the organizer receives. The organizers should carry out the selection of participants so that the group of participants is as diverse as possible as for the students’ nationality, home institution and field of study; the first-come-first-served principle should not be applied.
Application for EILC on the University of Economics, Prague
Our institution is running EILC for the third time this year from August 5, 2013 till August 23, 2013. We are going to have two groups of students, 30 in total. We would like to encourage all Erasmus students to take part in such a course as we believe it is the best way to get to know with your host country, culture, history and to find new friends. Last years the courses were great experience, our photos and movie are available here.
For any information regarding our course feel free to contact us on email@example.com.
To be able to apply you need to:
- fill in the application form and send it to your home coordinator (electronically) on time (see calendar)
- make sure the coordinator resends the application form to the National Agency (NAEP)
- answer our informative email where you will confirm the participation